The 3rd part of Maya Zack’s Memory Trilogy, is a hypnotic journey into the depths of consciousness that follows the traces of poet Paul Celan.
An archivist listens to extracts from recordings by Celan, dissects the archival materials, penetrates the space of an old street photo of 1937 Czernowitz and resurrects the past in a female alchemy.
Festivals, Screenings, & Awards:
- Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival – Lab Competition
- New York Jewish Film Festival
- FIVA Video Art Festival
- Vancouver Jewish Film
- Jerusalem Jewish Film Festival – Best Short Film
- International Short Film Festival FILMETS Badalona
- Vienna Jewish Film Festival
- FIFA Montréal