DEADLINE: APRIL 1 (Fall Decision) / NOVEMBER 1 (Spring Decision)
WE ENCOURAGE ALL PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS TO CONTACT US AT firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION.
***Please be advised that our office will be closed on October 3-4, 12, 17-18 and 24-25, and we will not be able to respond to any inquiries/questions on those dates.
Please follow the below steps to apply for a Claims Conference film grant:
- Refer to the Application Guidelines and Grant Policies for eligibility and other information.
- Download and complete the Film Grant Application.
- Review the last page of the Film Grant Application for additional required documents.
- Attach all required documents, including the Film Grant Application, to the below Submission Form in PDF format and submit your application by the above deadlines.
Application Guidelines and Grant Policies
- Films must be Holocaust related.
- Films must have both wide distribution potential and educational value. Applications should include a strong distribution plan for non-educational platforms as well as a plan for educational distribution and the creation of educational materials to accompany the film.
- All films, regardless of genre, will be evaluated based on historical accuracy as well as creativity, vision and planning. It is highly recommended that applicants work with historical consultants throughout the development and production of their films and allocate funds in their budget for such consultations.
- The Claims Conference will grant funds in one of the following categories:
- Research and development
- Previous grantees are eligible to apply for funding for the same project as long as the new application is in a different category/project stage than the prior request. If you have already received production funds, it is rare that funding will be allocated for post-production as well. It is strongly preferred that production and post-production funding applications for films over 40 minutes are submitted by production companies or similar entities. If you are an individual filmmaker seeking production or post-production funding for a film over 40 minutes without such an entity, please contact us before submitting an application.
- Submissions made for the April 1st deadline will receive a decision in the fall, and submissions made for the November 1st deadline will receive a decision in the spring. Grant funds are intended to be used for expenses incurred after the decision date, which is typically 6-8 months after the application deadline. In other words, the work for which you are requesting funding cannot begin until a decision has been made.
- Applying with a fiscal sponsor is optional. We do not require a fiscal sponsor or 501(c)(3) status for application or receipt of funds.
- For research and development grants, the Claims Conference will generally consider funding up to $20,000. For production and post-production, the Claims Conference will generally consider funding up to $60,000. However, in no case will the Claims Conference consider funding more than 50% of any project phase. The Claims Conference requires a match for all film grants. You should have other sources of income for the remaining expenses. Proof of matching funds will be requested if you are awarded a grant, although submission of such documentation is optional at the time of the application.
- Should a grant be awarded, funding is typically released in the form of reimbursement of expenses incurred. You must submit any paid receipts and/or paid invoices associated with the grant request in order to receive the funds. For production and post-productions grants, the Claims Conference may withhold 10% of the grant amount until receipt of the completed film.
- Funding will not be considered for completed films and films that have already been publicly screened with the exception of work-in-progress screenings.
- All grantees must use the Claims Conference’s name and logo in the credits of the film and any relevant promotional material for the film. The Claims Conference will have the right to revoke permission for use of the Claims Conference’s name and logo at any time.
- The Claims Conference will receive a non-exclusive license to publicly exhibit the film in connection with its non-profit activities. However, the Claims Conference does not intend to compete with the grantee’s theatrical releases and ability to effectively exploit its rights on educational or non-educational platforms.
- In the event the film is not completed, copies of Holocaust related research material for funded films must be shared with a public institution designated by the Claims Conference.
If you have any questions or experience technical issues submitting your application, please contact us at email@example.com.
YOU SHOULD RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL ONCE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITHIN 2 HOURS OF SUBMISSION, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY.
IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE SUBMISSION, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT EACH OF YOUR PDF FILES IS BELOW 1MB IN SIZE.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT DROPBOX LINKS FOR WORK SAMPLES, PLEASE USE AN ALTERNATIVE WEBSITE OR PLATFORM.
Fields marked with a * are required.